The Manitoba Arts Network exists to showcase and advance arts and culture in all regions of Manitoba. We aim to:
- Create opportunities for all to experience and participate in arts and cultural activities;
- Promote visual and performing art and artists through touring programs;
- Provide professional development for artists and community organizations;
- Develop and support a strong network of Manitoba Arts organizations.
But we can’t do it alone.
Your participation in the Network will strengthen our ever-growing province-wide community of arts organizations. When you become a member of the Manitoba Arts Network, you will gain access to programs and resources to expand your network, strengthen your local arts community, and grow your career as an artist or arts professional.
Block booking programs
- Gain access to a national network of performing and visual artists
- Receive assistance negotiating artist fees and booking shows
- Host low cost, quality touring art exhibitions
- Collective buying power to book performing artists at better rates
- Member “spotlights” on our website, social media and enews to promote you and your events
- Free organizational profile in the Manitoba Arts Directory
- Post events in using your profile in the Manitoba Arts Directory
- Creative access on the Manitoba Arts Directory (creating a profile, event page, etc…)
Leadership and professional development
- Voting privileges for full members at AGM
- Eligible to be nominated to sit on the Board
- Participate in nominations for our annual Member Recognition Award
- Arts-focused, professional development opportunities and discussion groups
- One on one Coaching, mentorships
- Opportunities to participate in Special Projects
Members-only benefits at Manitoba Showcase
- Opportunity to host Manitoba Showcase; MAN’s annual conference and arts event
- Reduced Showcase registration fee
- Opportunity to participate on the Showcase Jury to select artists
Templates, forms and resources
- 35 Organizational Policies: Administration, Finance, Governance, Marketing, Membership, Advocacy, and Programs
- MAN’s Bylaws and Strategic Implementation Plan
- HR Manual
- Board Agreements / confidentiality
- Committee Terms of Reference
- Virtual AGM powerpoint slides
- Performance appraisal forms
- Survey/Form templates
- Recommended visual art juror contact list
- Workflow/social media calendars/time mgmt spreadsheets
- Performing and visual artist contracts
- MAN’s submitted grants to MAC, Canada Council, Winnipeg Foundation etc.
- Grants and foundations lists
- Visual Arts Handbook
- Performing Arts Handbook
- Tailored support letters for grants & funding
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to access the above private resources. We are open to sharing all the tools we use at MAN with members. If you need something you don’t see listed we are connected to other provincial network’s that might have that resources.
PERFORMING ARTS DIRECTORY
For performing artists that want to get listed in our performing arts directory the application opens from February to April each year. apply here.
Organizational Members get login access to search this private directory.
- Access to our network of arts & cultural presenters, exhibitors, and audiences across Manitoba
- Reduced registration fees for Manitoba Showcase
- Member “spotlights” on social media and enews to promote you and your events
- Access to MAN media distribution list
- Post Manitoba-based events in the events calendar
- The opportunity to participate in the Rural Art Mentorship Program
- Receive MAN’s quarterly e-newsletter, e-news
- Arts-focused mentorships, professional development and discussion groups
All members also receive MAN’s quarterly e-newsletter, The Network News, and a hard copy of MAN’s Annual Report.