RBC Emerging Artist Mentorship and Showcase at Manitoba Showcase 2017
The Manitoba Arts Network (MAN) is presenting an Emerging Artist Showcase at the Asessippi Ski Resort in Russell, MB on October 21 during the Manitoba Showcase 2017. This event is an excellent opportunity to network with and perform for delegates from arts organizations across the province as well as visiting music industry professionals.
Generously supported by the RBC Emerging Artist Project, MAN is partnering with Creative Manitoba to offer a mentorship in addition to the Showcase opportunity. This mentorship program partners emerging and experienced professional Manitoban musicians to provide knowledge, experience and guidance in a practical learning environment conducted over several months.
Artists that have participated in prior years include Cassidy Mann, The Middle Coast, CC Trubiak, Carly Dow and Kayla Luky. As a direct result of participating in this program a few of these emerging artists were booked in opening spots by several of our presenters in their recent season.
3 artists or groups will be selected, all genres are welcome. Preference may be given to artists or groups from the Parkland region of Manitoba.
Individual Artists or Groups considered for this opportunity must:
· Have a current release (demo \ EP \ full-length)
· Be available to perform on October 21, 2017 in Russell, MB
· Be a current resident(s) of Manitoba
· In the early stages of their career(s) and haven’t Showcased outside of Manitoba before
· Meet the age requirement of 18-29
To submit, fill out the online submissions form
Your submission will require:
- One or two audio links or video links to current music
- Short artist bio (approximately 200 words)
- Current high resolution image (300 dpi)
Submissions will be evaluated based on:
· Music samples provided
· Rationale for the showcase
For more information, please contact:
Kalynn Spain, Performing Arts Coordinator
Manitoba Arts Network