We are hiring a Program Coordinator!
Background: The Manitoba Arts Network connects, showcases and promotes visual and performing artists with communities across Manitoba. The Network produces Manitoba’s Annual Arts Conference – MB Showcase, arranges block-booked tours for performing artists, organizes the Annual MB Rural & Northern Juried Art Show, tours 5 visual art exhibitions and offers a Concerts in Care program resulting in almost 100 concerts per year.
The Program Coordinator, under the direction of the Executive Director, shall be responsible for the following:
Concerts in Care
In partnership with the Health Arts Society this program brings professional musicians to long-term care homes in Winnipeg.
- Administer our current Concerts in Care program in Winnipeg
- Service existing and recruit new long term Care Homes in Winnipeg
- Scheduling Artists for approximately 100 concerts
- Coordinate concert logistics
- Overseeing artist invoices and payments
- Work with Performing Arts Coordinator who administers the rural concerts in care program
- Assist with administration of annual Conference MB Showcase
- Assist with administration of annual membership drive
- Respond or forward general inquiries to the appropriate person
- General Administrative duties and any other duties as requested by the Executive Director
Knowledge and Experience:
- Excellent skills in organization and planning in order to work in a dynamic and changing environment
- A team player, committed to team goals
- Ability to manage conflict and facilitate consensus
- Ability to listen, interpret and convey sensitive and complex information and opinions with clarity, conciseness and professionalism in both verbal and written contexts
- Self motivation exemplified through, prioritizing work and meeting timelines consistently
- Strategic thinking/problem solving skills
- Ability to innovate effective approaches for anticipated opportunities and challenges
- Excellent computer skills with MS office, mail chimp, data base maintenance
- Social media skills are an asset
- Knowledge and fondness of the Performing and Visual Arts
Wage: $16 per hour, 16 hours /week (flexible work hours). Some travel and additional hours may be required as requested by the Executive Director.
Interested applicants should submit their resume, and cover letter by November 29, 2019 to Josh Marantz, Executive Director, Manitoba Arts Network by email: email@example.com
We thank all applicants, however, only candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.