Manitoba Arts Network is seeking Expressions of Interest by communities to host Manitoba Showcase 2022.
As part of its commitment to support networking opportunities for its delegates – both presenters and artists – Manitoba Showcase is committed to moving its event to different areas of the province to promote the value of live, professional performances presented in communities. Interested communities are asked to submit an application form by November 16th, 2020.
Every year, the Manitoba Arts Network invites some of the best Canadian talent to showcase their work for arts organizations across the province at Showcase. Attendees have the opportunity to experience 15 incredible performances, attend professional development workshops, enjoy visual art exhibits, and engage in networking time over three fulfilling days. The showcases of talented artists from across the country gives delegates the chance to preview and meet performers they may want to bring to their community during the upcoming season. The preeminent event of its kind in Manitoba, Showcase provides opportunity for rural and northern arts presenters to exchange ideas and develop or renew relationships.
Benefits to the community and/or host venue include:
- Conference performances are open to the public, providing the opportunity for community members to attend
- Puts the local venue on the provincial presenting arts map
- Tourism exposure for your community
- Allows host venue to showcase a huge spectrum of Canadian artists, opportunity to provide bonus to subscribers
- Volunteer opportunities
- Commercial tie-ins with music stores, bookstores, souvenir shops
- Direct economic benefits to the hospitality community
- Venue with at least 200 seats available for four consecutive days October 27 – 30 2022.
- Venue fully equipped technically (sound and lights) with rehearsal space, storage space, warm-up room, and knowledgeable tech staff. We provide a professional production manager. Venue required for at least 4 days from 6:30am to 11pm with suitable breaks provided. Must be able to accommodate multiple artists backstage as well as FOH services appropriate to handle 200+ delegates.
- Community large enough to provide accommodations for 150 – 200 delegates that is also price sensitive.
- Secure exhibit/display space of about 4000 sq. ft with 80 – 6-foot tables, 75 chairs, power connections and table drapery, good lighting and ability to provide bar services.
- Ability to provide workshop spaces able to accommodate 75 people – multiple rooms in use at a time.
- Parking and ease of accessibility to hotel, theatre, workshops etc.
- Ability to book space two to three years in advance.
- Willingness to assist with transportation issues – is it accessible by road, rail and air. If not, is the community willing to provide ground transportation to and from the nearest major airport.
- Indications of community support i.e. municipality, Chamber of Commerce, other arts organizations, business associations through sponsorships and ad sales.
- Host has attended/participated in recent Manitoba Showcase or similar event demonstrating a deep knowledge/understanding of the needs of this event.
- Ability to provide volunteers.
- In operation for a minimum of one full year.
- Manitoba Arts Network member participating as part of the bid team.
- Experience in running/hosting similar festivals or events.
- Technical team with performing arts experience in place.
- Box office able to assist with registrations.
- Marketing strategy to cover local public relations.
- Wireless access.
- Ability to house delegates in a single hotel.
- Opportunity for meals – both lunch and dinner for 200 seated.
- Meeting room to accommodate 12 – 20 people.
Past Showcase Hosts
2000 – Portage (Central
2001 – The Pas (Northern)
2002 – Winnipeg
2003 – Dauphin (Parkland)
2004 – Winnipeg
2005 – Vifden (Westman)
2006 – Steinbach (Eastman)
2007 – Thompson (Northern)
2008 – Portage la Prairie (Central)
2009 – Neepawa (Westman)
2010 – Dauphin (Parkland)
2011 – Winkler (Central)
2012 – Virden (Westman)
2013 – Gimli (Interlake)
2014 – Brandon (Westman)
2015 – Flin Flon (Northern)
2016 – Morden (Central)
2017 – Russell (Parkland)
2018 – Portage la Prairie (Central)
2019 – Gimli (Interlake)
2020 – Cancelled due to Covid-19
2021 – Gimli (Interlake)