Application Deadline: June 18, 2018
Summer Term: eight weeks (June- August)
Hours: 30 hrs/week
The Manitoba Arts Network connects, showcases and promotes visual and performing artists with communities across Manitoba.
The Network produces Manitoba’s Annual Arts Conference – MB Showcase, arranges block-booked tours for performing artists, organizes the Annual MB Rural & Northern Juried Art Show, tours 5 visual art exhibitions and offers a Concerts in Care program resulting in almost 100 concerts per year.
The Special Events Assistant, under the direction of the Executive Director and other staff, shall provide assistance in the following areas:
Manitoba Showcase (annual conference)
- Assist in coordination of conference logistics and preparation of related materials
- Compile, edit and proof information for annual Performing Arts Directory and Conference program
- Confirm artist registration and technical requirements for showcase performances
- Engage, inform and promote artists, events and communities through social media
- Identify and cultivate potential Manitoba Showcase attendees
- Update performing arts program forms, contact lists and database
Rural and Northern Art Show
- Distribute materials and coordinate logistics for the Rural & Northern Art Show in September
- Intake and coordinate artist registrations and build excel contact list
- Coordinate shipping arrangements
- Assist with annual membership drive
- Rural Art Mentorship Program (RAMP) – oversee artist intake and registrations
- Respond to general inquiries or forward to the appropriate employee.
- Maintain and update all databases
- Work with Performing Arts Coordinator to schedule concerts in care program and coordinate logistics
Knowledge and Experience:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience coordinating logistics
- Strong project management, and documentation skills
- Works independently with minimal supervision and takes initiative
- Positive attitude, facilitation and sharing attributes
- Proficient with basic workplace PC applications
- Knowledge of Performing and/or Visual Arts an asset
Eligibility: Applicants must be between the ages of 18-30 years old, legally eligible to work in Canada, be registered as full-time students in the previous academic year and intend to return to school on a full-time basis in the next academic year.
How to apply: please submit a resume, and cover letter to Rose-Anne Harder, Executive Director of Manitoba Arts Network by email: email@example.com
We thank all applicants, however, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.